WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

Sunday Oliseh To Enjoy Three-Month Salary Advance

New Super Eagles Coach, Sunday Ogorchukwu Oliseh, along with his two assistants, are to receive three months’ salary advances as they take up their assignments in Nigeria.
NFF boss Amaju Pinnick made the surprising announcement as he welcomed the new coaches in Abuja on Wednesday,   In the past, national coaches have sometimes been owed several months of unpaid wages.

Responding to the announcement after he signed a three-year contract, which has the option of an additional year, the Delta-State born coach opened up on his philosophy for players selection to his team.

“My assistants and myself will not invite to the camp of the National Team of Nigeria any player who is not playing in the top division in the recognized Leagues of the world, including Nigeria. The only exception would be those players from any of the age-grade National Teams that we find exceptional and deserving of an opportunity to try and win shirts in the senior team,” he declared.He also moved to allay fears about his perceived ‘stubborness,’ the former Super Eagles captain differentiating between being principled and being stubborn in the course of duty.

“I come to serve my country, not to wage a war,” he said.  “I have come to serve, and the NFF has promised to give me all the support I need to succeed. They are the employers and I am the employee. That distinction has to be appreciated at all times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment